How to knit the Shell Knit Pattern?
The shell knit pattern is a quite difficult pattern but with a little bit of pratice not difficult at all. We use it for baby knit cardigan PEGGY SUE. It is one of my favorite knit patterns. I love it!
1. Row RS: Purl
2. Row WS: Knit
3. Row RS: K 2, *keep thread on the back, slip 1 sts, K 1, repeat from * to the last sts, K 1.
4. Row WS: K 1, *K 1, slip 1 sts, keep thread on the front, repeat from * to the last 2 sts, K 2.
5. Row RS: K 2, *1 Yarn over, K 2 tog. repeat from * to the last sts, K 2.
6. Row RS: Purl
7. and 8. Row— As 1. and 2. Row.
9. Row RS: * P 2, (K 1, thread to the front, K 1) work into next sts, P 3, repeat from * to the last sts, P 1.
10. Row WS: * K 1, P 3, K 3, repeat from * to the last sts, K 2.
11. Row RS: * P 2, K 3, P 3, repeat from * to the last sts, P 1.
12. Row WS: * K 1, P 3 tog. K 1, repeat from * to the last sts, K 1.
These 12 Rows form the pattern.
Van Beren WOOL SCHOOL – THE PLACE FOR HAPPY KNITTING!
Learn how to knit — just give it try!
No matter where you are — at your favorite café place or in enjoying the outdoors — slow down and take your time to knit for yourselves and for your loved ones! Both, your friends and a more sustainable world will appreciate your deeds!
All you need is a skein of wool, knitting needles, instructions and passion to work with your hands. Let’s be honest there is always time for crafting: be it to relax after a long day or simply to immerse into the moment of knitting. HAPPY KNITTING!
We are going to teach you how to knit step by step.
We work with simple instructions and patterns since nothing is more painful than dull theory. What we want is success and results. Let’s think of learning a new instrument. The moment you enjoy playing is when you know who to read the tunes!
Tired of knitting alone?
Join our Van Beren WOOL SCHOOL and learn how to knit!
Our WOOL SCHOOL brings like minded folks and knitting enthusiasts together to work on their expertise in a team. Take your kids with you — the more the merrier!
Van Beren HAPPY KNITTING Events are organized by selected hosts.
To sign up for a HAPPY KNITTING Event or to host your own event contact: WOOLSCHOOL@VANBEREN.COM
All you need is your Van Beren knit kit of choice and you are ready to rock your project. HAPPY KNITTING Events welcome knitting enthusiasts at all levels. Your Van Beren host supports you with your project no matter how advanced you are.
Van Beren HAPPY KNITTING Events:
1# Graz 19.11.2017 15:00 – 18:00 at Mehlspeisenfräulein – we hat a lot of fun!
2# Graz Spring 2018
3# Vienna Spring 2018
Share your best knitting moments and show us your projects on Instagram! Don’t forget to tag us!
#VBHAPPYKNITTING #VANBEREN #PRODUCTNAME #VBWOOLSCHOOL